DesiGirl's Network Home | About Me |



Race for Life: Lend Me Your Support

Every June, the Race for Life event is held in various locations all over the UK. Sponsored chiefly by Tesco, the races are run in aid of Cancer Research UK, thereby helping collect valuable pounds that go towards helping a cure for this dreadful disease.

This race was first run in 1994 and since then have grown exponentially to become one of the biggest of its kind in the country. Women of all ages, shapes and sizes run, walk or do a combination of both, to complete the 5 mile course. This year, Cancer Research UK hopes to interest a staggering 800,000 women in taking part in the event to raise a record-breaking £60 million.

The event kicks off this year on 2 May 2007 at Battersea Park at 19:30 hrs and continues till the last one on 29 July at Colchester and Exeter. I, along with a few mates from work, am going to be running in one of these. I still cannot believe that I am actually going to do this. I, who am thoroughly unfit, who has been grossly overweight for the past five years, am actually going to walk/run 5 freaking miles! I sincerely hope I do not do a Jade Goody and embarass myself thoroughly!

Oh, I hope to set up a fund-raising page. Please sponsor me/us!

Posted by DesiGirl 9:45 pm  

3 Comments:

  1. desi witch said...
    good luck desi girl. I did it last year & it was a blast.
    Anonymous said...
    good for you babe! update when you know.
    Anonymous said...
    will do, Am. Setting up the sponsorship lark this weekend and starting training next.
    Of course I shall keep u lot posted.

Post a Comment



Create a Link